making a difference
Here are ten easy ways you can make a difference!
1. Eat More Plants! – Eating animal products causes more environmental damage than eating fruits and veggies.
2. Go Organic! – Organic foods use no chemical herbicides or pesticides, which keeps those chemicals out of the soil and groundwater.
3. Waste Not, Want Not! – Less can sometimes be more. Become a conscientious consumer – be mindful of your true needs.
4. Be Mindful About Water! – Think about ways you can reduce your water usage.
5. Power Down! – Turn electrical items off and unplug them when possible.
6. Don’t Trash It! – Recycle or reuse items whenever possible.
7. Make Your Voice Heard! – Reach out to your local and federal politicians and let them know that our planet matters!
8. Drive Less! – Walk, ride your bike, or take public transportation when you can.
9. Make the Most of Energy! – Run appliances like washing machines and dishwashers only when they are full.
10. Get Informed! – Learn more about how you can help the environment at websites such as www.ucusa.org and www.onegreenplanet.org.